Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Pie Baking--Picture blog

This year for the FNC Thanksgiving lunch, I made the Cheesy Apples again and tried my hand at baking a pie. I do believe this is my first pie I have baked. Let's take a look at how it turned out.



First you pulse a stick of butter in with flour. After about 5 seconds, the chilled water is added to make the dough, well doughy.




Once the dough is doughy, wrap in plastic wrap to form a disc and chill for 15 minutes.




Rolling out dough is always fun, but I need more space to work with and do not have the master technique down yet.



My pie crust is not as pretty and cool as it is suppose to be, but hey give a girl a break with her first pie. The crust will bake for 15 minutes with foil and pie weights, then for another 12 minutes without.




Whisk 2 eggs together to prepare for the filling.




In a saucepan, whisk butter, brown sugar, and light corn syrup together.




Once the sauce is smooth and melted it will be a nice golden brown.



Slowing mix in the sauce with the whisked eggs from earlier. (Do not mix in too quickly as the eggs will cook some.)



Stir in the chopped pecans and shredded coconut. This will create a gooey pie filling. Before placing the filling in the crust, fill the crust with chocolate chips. (I forgot to take a picture.)



Bake for 25 minutes until done.

We will see how everyone likes this during the lunch!

2 comments:

Malar Gandhi said...

Hello Maria,

You have great blog here with all wonderful recipes. I like this step by step instructions. Now sounds easy to me, I would try to bake too! Happy cooking!

Genautech said...

I am trying survive cooking eggs and potatoes. But i will try your advices... Good Blog. I will be here always to kill my hungry! Greetings from Brazil!