Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Do you have a drug test tomorrow?

Over the weekend, I made one of my favorite dishes-Poppy Seed Chicken. This is a quick dish to make during the week. I never feel guilty about eating this because it's a low fat meal.

Poppy Seed Chicken

Ingredients:

3-4 chicken breast, boiled
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup (I normally use the fat free kind)
1 16 oz Fat-Free sour cream (of course you can use the real stuff if you like)
1 pk sliced almonds
3 T poppy seed (I normally just pour some in until I think that's enough)
1/2 C chicken broth

Topping:
1 tube Ritz crackers
1/2 stick of melted butter
3 t poppy seed

Preheat the oven to 350. Once the chicken cooks, chop into small pieces. Mix all the ingredients together in a baking dish. To make the topping, crush the Ritz crackers in a bowl. Pour the melted butter and poppy seed over the crushed crackers. Once mixed, place on top of the dish. Bake for about 45 minutes or until nice and bubbly.

2 comments:

Lisa Blair said...

I, too, just love poppy seed chicken. Someone always brings this casserole to our family reunions, and I look forward to a big helping. Thanks for posting this one!

Katie said...

hi I am Katie. I am friends of Jason and Leslie