Friday, September 14, 2007

Finally found it.

For a couple of years now I have been trying to find a good hummus recipe I like. I seriously could eat hummus all the time for every meal if it is good. I wish I could get the recipe from Volta, but until I find out a way to do that; here is one that will substituate.

Hummus

2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup EVOO, or more as needed, plus more for garnish
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley leaves, plus more for garnish
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dark Asian sesame oil (I use tahini instead of the oil)
1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
12 to 15 grinds black pepper
1/4 cup water
Paprika, for garnish

Blend all ingredients together, expect for the paprika and the parsley for garnish, on low speed. You will need to stop it often to push the mixture down and around to insure it is all mixed well. If the mixture becomes hard to mix, add a little more EVOO. When ready to serve place in a bowl or plate. Garnish with EVOO, paprika, and parsley.

No comments: