Monday, November 20, 2006

Pre-Thanksgiving

As the holidays near, I get excited thinking of all the yummy treats and meals which will be made! The holidays bring back memories from my childhood. Over the next few weeks, I'll be posting more recipes some which are traditions in my family and other which are new to me.

Tomorrow is our office Thanksgiving. Once of my favorite times because we get to sample other people favorite dishes and cooking. I, like most of my other co-workers, tend to go for the Indian dishes. Since most of the other dishes I can get any other time. I decided to bring a new favorite of my family's--Easy Cheese Apples. I will post a picture tomorrow after I bake them.


Easy Cheese Apples

2 (20-oz) cans sliced applies, drained I like to use fresh Granny Smith apples. Peal and slice before using.
1/2 C butter, softened
1 C sugar
3/4 C self-rising flour
2 C shredded Velveeta cheese

Arrange the apples in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Beat the butter and sugar in a mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in flour until mixture is crumbly. Add the Velveeta cheese and mix well. Sprinkles the cheese mixture over the apples. Bake at 325 to 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until light brown.


No comments: