Monday, May 14, 2007

Salmon Rolls

I have a lot of meat in my freezer that I need to cook up before my sister gets here Thursday. The reason, you my ask, we are making peti fores for a friend of mine lingerie shower and we need to freeze the cakes to make dipping in the glaze easier.

So, tonight, I decided to eat the salmon. I wanted something easy to make. I came across a recipe for Salmon Rolls. This is super easy and quick to make.

Salmon Rolls

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound salmon fillets
Salt and pepper
8 top-sliced hot dog buns
2 ribs celery, finely chopped
4 scallions, finely chopped
1/4 cup mayonnaise
Juice from 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
Salt-and-vinegar potato chips

Directions:
Preheat the broiler. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and cook skin side down for 3 minutes. Flip the salmon and cook through, about 4 minutes.

Spread the buns open slightly and toast under the broiler, about 2 minutes. Remove the skin from the salmon and discard. In a medium bowl, combine the fish with the celery, scallions, mayonnaise and lemon juice, breaking up the fish into small chunks.

Fill the toasted buns with the salmon salad and serve with potato chips.

This would make a great summer salad for a picnic!

No comments: